Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello friends

Welcome to my blog. I don't know how often I will actually be here posting, but am going to make an effort.
Well, I debated over the name, and almost went with "The Mirror" because my main purpose is to reflect on myself. I was going through the backgrounds available and saw the beautiful patchwork quilt. I don't really sew, and have definitely not attempted a quilt (yet); but quilts are like family for me. That may not be stated quite right. Quilts remind me of my family. All 3 of my living grandparents are, or were, quilters. Quilts are warm and soft and comforting. Just like my family. And most of my favorite quilts are a patchwork of various fabrics. I save garments that are in bad shape because I want to cut them into scraps and make patchwork reminders, quilts that tell stories of our childhoods, mine, my kids', my husband's. That tell stories of our early marriage. The adventures we've had as a family. My blog will be a patchwork, telling the stories of our adventures; our highs and lows, our joys and sorrows, and learning to be thankful for everything, not just in everything.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to hear your thoughts. This was such a beautifully written introduction! I'm new to blogging too, but I have found that it is so fun to have a place to put your thoughts down and share with some friends. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete