Thursday, September 9, 2010

Um, yeah, I didn't think this one out first, LOL!

Wow, so, on Labor Day 2010 my son Joshua (almost 5) broke his right arm. (yes, he is right handed). Talk about full on Mom mode. I have never taken down a pack and play so fast in my entire life! I have never buckled children into carseats so quickly in my life. I have never so rapidly and effectively loaded so much assorted paraphernalia (thank you spell check) into a vehicle while fighting back the sick feeling one gets in the pit of their stomach when seeing another person's arm hanging down at such a strange angle. (seriously, his arm almost looked like a letter u) And thank goodness my mother was there to drive us to the Hillsboro hospital, 'cause I'm not sure I could have driven, or even found the hospital. Do you know what is amazing about kids? How quickly they can (sometimes) get over things. God has sure given us amazing bodies, don't you think? The specialist said the cast will only have to stay on for four to six weeks. Oh to be young and quick to heal again, lol. (Actually, I am pretty happy with the age I have "acheived" so far, or should I say the years the Lord has blessed me with so far.)

Have a blessed night everyone.

1 comment: