Sunday, October 17, 2010

Intentions

Whew, I certainly never intended to take this long of a break from my writing!

Intentions. Have you ever stopped to think about what your intentions are in doing or not doing something? Lately I have been thinking about being intentional in working towards some goals that I have. I have been owning up to the fact that all the intentions in the world will add up to nothing at all if I don't do something about them. So, I have decided to post a few things here to keep myself accountable, and admittedly to give myself a place to look and see what I have accomplished at the upcoming times when I will feel like a failure, because I am human and those times will certainly come.

  1. I want to lose weight. I need to lose weight. I will feel better. I will be healthier. I will have more energy for my children. And vanity, I will also look better. Most importantly, I will be being a better steward of this body God has blessed me with.
  2. I want a company-ready house. We live in CHAOS. For any of you who don't know what that is, it stands for Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. I am serious, we are not just talking about a little clutter here folks. I literally cannot have anyone over. My husband would be utterly embarrassed, and frankly, I would be too. This all boils down to stewardship as well.
  3. I want to be more diligent in schooling my children. Wow, another stewardship matter. In close relationship to this is the desire, the need, to bring God into our everyday lives more and more. I need it, and so do the kids.
  4. I want to be less "me" centric. 'Nuff said, ;)
So, in the following days or weeks, I will lay out my plans for accomplishing, or moving toward, these goals. Wishing it were so hasn't done a thing for me up to this point, and never will. Praying is effective, but only if I do my part. God could strike me with a lightning bolt and cause all of these changes to be immediate, but He won't, that's not how He works.

Thanks for listening to me while I think "out loud" so to speak. Blessings to you and your families!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya, Jolene! I have some discipline issues myself!!! I need to get the "get up and go" back into me!!!

    Thanks for posting! I enjoy reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Jo, I've been given the gift of time right now and have started working out and running as often as work and my body will allow. I've watched my food intake, which is harder than one would think in a War Zone. I got here in Afghanistan on July 11th and have lost over 30lbs, but it has been very hard work. We're above 6000 ft and the air is very thin!!! Sometimes I have a hard time catching my breath! YOU can do it though sis, and keep your kids invovled right with you, they'll think its a game, (and you just might, too!!) Love ya, Jarod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolene, I'm so proud of you for taking this first step! I'm also in the same boat in many ways and in different ways. We can't get anywhere though if we don't take that first step and then figure out where to step next. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you as I face my challenges too. If you have a bad day and "fall down" don't stay down, get up the next day and start over. We all fall down and too often we just never get back up again. I speak from experience. :) I'm the one too who wouldn't even start because I was too afraid that I would "fall down" or fail completely. I'm learning and getting over that though. Love you!

    ReplyDelete