Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Merry February!


MERRY FEBRUARY!
Today is February 1st, and we still had not given our dear neighbor friends anything for Christmas, not that this is a requirement, just something we usually do because, well, we like to. Then, I saw that he was outside snow-blowing in the cold cold weather. So, I put together a little basket of assorted goodies, made a card with crayons that said "Merry February" on the outside with a (cheesy) little note on the inside. It was fun :)
Today I moved up to the second easiest preset program on the treadmill. Even though I anticipated it not being that difficult, especially since I did more difficult things on it yesterday (you can change speed and incline even within a preset program-one time), I was in *agony* throughout today's workout. Really, it wasn't that bad, it was just more painful than yesterday's workout, probably because of yesterday's workout. I have determined to do the treadmill at least 5 days a week, along with stretching before and after. I feel like it is giving me a good aerobic workout as well as building muscle. I hold on the handles most of the time while I am walk/jogging, very hard; I can really feel it in my arms. I know of at least one celebrity trainer that yells at her clients to let go and move their arms, but I REALLY don't want to fall off the treadmill and slam into the wall, or tip over off the side of the treadmill. I don't know why the "moving floor" messes with my balance so much, but it really does. Oh well, at least I am exercising!
I did not meet my monthly goal for January, of 5 pounds lost. However, I did lose 3 pounds and more importantly I am building some GREAT habits. I am leaning on God more and more for strength and perseverance, not just with my health goals, but in my life overall. I don't feel bad about not making my goal, it is another month and another chance, and a chance to continue my new habits and develop more. I think the kids are starting to catch a little bit of "healthy fever" too. :)
May God bless you today!
Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment