Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It almost isn't March!

Wow, so I really haven't been blogging much lately, but then I haven't been spending much time online at all lately, so perhaps this is a good thing :D

God has been really blessing me lately, not that He ever doesn't. Perhaps I am just more aware of it at this point of my life. He has been giving me so much opportunity for growth. So much realization of how much I truly NEED Him. So much realization of how He is here for me, all the time no matter what and that I am the one who doesn't give Him everything.

I heard something on the radio from a fantastic speaker named Chuck Swindoll (http://www.insight.org/) today, it was so simple but so profound; it was basically this-he offered 3 principles to having a better day, pray in the morning, pray every time you feel stressed or burdened, and pray before you go to bed. There was more to it than that, but I was like *smack myself on the forehead* DUH! I have been praying most nights, thanking God for the blessings. I have been praying throughout the day, asking Him for help, wisdom, guidance, peace, healing (for myself & others), etc, etc. I haven't been starting my day out with God, which really is the best way. It certainly beats pressing snooze 5 times, getting annoyed with the kids or the dog, throwing my blankets over my head, etc, etc!

So, here's to a new "challenge" to myself, starting my day early to spend time with the One who gave me that, and every, day. Which probably means I should start getting to bed on time ;)

May you have a blessed day!
Jolene

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I find that I'm (generally) a much better mama, wife and all that if I start my day out with the Lord! It can be hard in this season of life, though! :)

    ReplyDelete