Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In #1

No, I have not decided to publicly declare my weight in pounds every week! I am finding life is so busy and I have so much more I need to be giving to my children at this time, that I am going to try and "weigh-in" just once a week. So, if you don't like random, hodge-podge-type posts, I guess you may want to stop following me now ;)

Today we had a fabulous time celebrating my grandmother, Beverly's, 80th birthday, my Uncle Eara's (pronounced Airy) 60th birthday, and the resurrection of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ (1 week early.)

Today I bought my last bottle of soda, no really, I mean it this time ;) Actually, please join me in praying for release from this addiction, if you find it is as important as I do, or if you love me, but if you don't care about this, I'll never know if you don't pray for me in this area, and I realize it seems insignificant to many, if not most people. God released me from my harmful addiction to cigarettes, and I believe He can do ANYTHING, even if we think it's nothing :D

I will start exercising again, I will I will I will I will!

I love my whole big family all so much, and strive to love them more truly and more fully, with help from the wonderful Holy Spirit! Thank you Jesus for sending Him to us.

I learned of a Bible story I had never fully heard of before, & I fully plan to read the (entire) book of Hosea Monday (I'm guessing it's rather short). I heard a beautiful song at Andrew Peterson's concert Saturday night about this story and what it means in terms of God's love for us, I'm pretty sure the song is called Hosea. Tears poured down my face through the entire song. I will try to figure out how to post it here if I can. (Or maybe Heather will do it ;) for me, haha.) My husband also really enjoyed Andrew's concert, in large part due to the FUNNY stories he told, explaining his songs. ("I ' m a d i r t b a g", big grins to all A.P. fans out there. If you aren't one, you should be!) By the way, my wonderful hubby took me on a date to the Andrew Peterson concert at our church this past Saturday night, and my super nice brother-in-law, Dwayne, stayed with the 5 kiddos so that he could :D

I am so glad that Jesus came and gave my life worth! Thank you Triune God!
HOSANNA!
Blessings,
Jolene

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad I missed the concert, but hopefully there'll be a next time! And I'll pray for you and your "no soda" goal! :)

    ReplyDelete