Monday, May 21, 2012

MISSION: NOT ACCOMPLISHED

Hello Readers :) Well, my mission is not accomplished; but progress is being s-l-o-w-l-y made. I have decided to allow myself a little internet time every day, the length of one Dora episode ;) As my home work becomes more and more under control I will up it to two Dora-episode-lengths every day. As I accomplish things around the home, I hope to post pictures of the "after", I probably won't be posting "before" pictures, to the relief of my husband. I have, in addition to thinking about and slowly working on my attitude, adopted a different pattern of menu planning; it's still in the trial and error stages, but it goes like this: (I know, worst constructed sentence ever!)
  • Special/Slow Cooker Sunday  I think this is self explanatory
  • Meatless/Meatball/Meatloaf Monday I know, the first option is drastically different from the other two, what can I say other than I have boys who HATE beans, mushrooms, etc, so meatless is tricky in our home
  • Taco Tuesday Yes, we have been having tacos every week for a little while now, but they get changed up; chicken, steak, ground chuck, there are a few other interesting varieties I would like to try, but again, picky boys may put a damper on that :(
  •  Waffle Wednesday This has been the kids favorite, obviously, but I am trying to figure out ways to make it more healthful, I also would really like to get a new/different waffle iron. One that does more than one waffle at a time would be wonderful, but I would be happy with any different one that had removable plates for washing :)
  •  Theme Thursday So far we have done circus, farm, Italian and picnic, this one is fun even if a bit challenging
  • Fun/Finger/Fried/Fishstick Friday This one has probably been the most challenging, as it is difficult to think of "fun" foods that aren't totally junk food; I really like the idea of "Fishy Friday" but fish/seafood is pretty much the ONLY food our oldest daughter dislikes absolutely cannot stand. Last week we did cheese, crackers, sausage, fruit, cookies, that went pretty well.
  • Salad/Soup/Sandwich Saturday This may be any, all, or some combination of the three.

We are still doing mostly cold cereal for breakfasts, which I hate that we are doing. Lunches have been leftovers, sandwiches, salads, boxed mac & cheese....

Still trying to work out the kinks, but moving forward and learning as we go. What do you do for meals?

Have a blessed day, Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment