Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First, something funny...

(So, Brian was messing with the borrowed laptop, getting it set up to tether from his blackberry and I was getting the kids to finish up supper and get ready for bed. I was mobile, he wasn't.) Brian: "Would you please get me a glass of water?" Me: "Okay, I just gotta wipe up Libby first." Twenty minutes later, Brian: "Were you gonna get me some water?" (Mind you, he is hooking up the internet for MY benefit, I'm doing, well, almost nothing.) Me: "Oh yeah, I forgot." I get up and go into the kitchen, do, um, something, I think, then sit down on couch again. Twenty minutes later, Brian: "Um, did we run out of water?" Me: burst out into hysterical laughter! I finally got my man that drink, and I am still laughing about it. Ah, the mind of a mother!

I have been diving more and more into Hannah's curriculum for this next fall, and while I am getting really excited, I'm getting more nervous too. In the past four years of homeschooling, I have been way too hands off; claiming to be too busy with the younger kids to sit down and go over Hannah's and Cody's lessons with them. That stops now! I want to lead, guide, instruct, train my kids; that is why I am homeschooling them after all. But as I look at the lesson plans and sample schedules, I am beginning to wonder "How do I teach two different grades in the same day? How am I going to work out a schedule that works for our family? What do the other kids do when I am instructing one on one? How am I going to keep the twins busy and be able to focus on the child I'm instructing? And how on earth will I keep Libby safe, happy, etc. without distracting the child I am supposed to be teaching?"I know it will all work out with some practice, but it is the frustrated perfectionista in me rearing her (ugly) head.

I gladly welcome any comments and suggestions, in fact I am begging for them ;) I pray you all have a blessed night's sleep, and a profitable tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment