Friday, July 2, 2010

New Stages (Endings, Beginnings)

Well, my little Libby is nearly a year old. I have stopped expressing milk for her, she's switched completely over to whole (cow's) milk now. How can something be such a relief, and yet almost feel sad? I never have to use a breast pump again! I'll never have to use a breast pump again :( She's almost walking now too. She really probably could, if she just wanted to a little more; she's often quite content with speed crawling. She's experienced quite a few firsts in her short little life, and many of them are my last "firsts". I still feel at peace about our decision not to have anymore children, but sometimes there's that tiny bit of sadness; like when you graduate, move away from home, or something similar.

I pray you all will have a safe and blessed weekend; let us remember why we celebrate the 4th of July.
INDEPENDENCE DAY!!
Thank You to all who have served, all those who are serving and all of their families.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, Jolene! And I'm still pregnant! I'm looking forward to nursing this baby but sometimes I miss it with Gilly! It's the one thing that only a mother can do for their child and it's so wonderful! :)

    And we've decided we're not going to have anymore children (biologically, anyway) b/c I have a hard time w/pregnancies.. and I'm already thinking... what if I want one more?? I think it's the whole "you always want what you know you can't have" thing! :)

    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your feelings too ladies. I mention this only to try to be an encouragement...I really don't want to sound more spiritual or anything...we are still praying for the Lord's direction for our family size :) but one thought the Lord gave me that was so comforting was that if we feel He's leading us to be done having children, and I get that painful feeling of wishing I had one more, I can remember that what really matters to God is that I learn and choose to be content. Philippians 4:11 "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." For some reason, that was really encouraging to me, but again, "Not that I ahve already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." Phil 3:12

    I'll be praying for the Lord to grant you peace even in those moments of reflecting on the endings and rejoicing in the beginnings of pages turned. Thanks for being so real!

    ReplyDelete